Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another "Trinity Series Sculpture" sneaks in -

"One Stop on a Walking Tour"
digital collage by Mick Mather

- from an original photo by Bill Ives -
I know that things come and go in streaks more often for me than for some, I think. Case in point is this second post based upon another Bill Ives photograph. I think it was the rope standards around the perimeter of the ancient Temple at Arigento that kicked things off in my mind as regards layering the digital study of "Trinity #2" into the tightly cropped section of that wonderful image. More than the usual manipulation, altering placement and repainting went into this before running it through the usual array of filters here at the secret visual laboratory. My many thanks again to Bill for permission and for writing about the earlier piece that was also based on one of his photos and posted on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Do they know what that really is? Other is trying to figure that out by reading and other has already given up. Bloody tourists!

2:43 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Three I's, three things, three colors (?).

3:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LMAO! Once again, your viewpoint cracks me up. The two do appear bewildered now that I think about it. :D

hpy:
Actually, this sculpture can be any group of 3 things. So, you're right. The initial concepts for me when creating the studies were:
1. iconic: father - son - holy ghost
2. familial: father - mother - child
3. elemental: earth - air - water.
I must admit that I like your three ideas just as much! :)

4:08 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

Beautiful Mystery

4:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks again, Trijnie. I like the idea that no one in this image seems to know what the thing is. :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I know what it is, but I won't tell. Muahhahhahhaaa!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
:O

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mick - Thanks again for using another of my photos. This is a very different use from the first oen. It retains mors of the original while still transforming it. Bill

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

iveswilliam:
Thanks a lot, Bill. I've been on a roll with these and have another in a working file. I remember - some time ago now - attempting something with a photograph of some beach chairs. I still haven't been able to make that one work but, the woman with the umbrella? I'm anxious to get busy on that one. As always, my thanks for the permissions to make these transformations. :)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home