Friday, December 22, 2006

Illustration Friday: Peace -

"Tree of Peace"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
No surprise at the theme, peace, at Illustration Friday this week. This photo was taken at night with the tree decorations as the only source of light. It was quite a bit of fun to play around with the very, very dark original to come up with what is seen here. That said, I take this opportunity to wish all of you a Happy Holiday and New Year...I hope to spend the next 10 days relatively undisturbed in my studio experimenting with some small acrylic sketches. It is quite likely that my posting here will be sporadic during this time so, just in case you don't see me, not to worry! I'll be back after the 1st of the New Year. Peace, Love and Soul!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very unique. I thought at first it was a rug/ carpet (it has that fuzzy feeling you know?) Very nice!

4:36 AM  
Blogger carla said...

I really like the texture you achieved. It's colorful, warm, and fuzzy! Enjoy your holidays:>

9:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Thanks you two. This is an effect that, I believe, I overdid a year or so back. It felt right this time though and, to be honest, what's better than warm & fuzzy at the Holidays?

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home