Thursday, July 15, 2010

Buried Treasure 2010 -

"Late October Storm"
photograph by Mick Mather
Seth Apter is at it again this year as Buried Treasure 2010 links can be found at his fine blog, The Altered Page. Even though today is the official date to upload artwork that you've posted on your own blog in the past, I'm sure you can still get in on the fun. This particular image is a re-post of one of my own favorites from last year with apologies to SusuPetal whose summers are entirely too short! It hails from a series of photos taken just as a spitting, spluttering snow storm blew through Central New York State one late October afternoon some years ago. Enjoy ... and be sure to visit the Treasure Chest 2010 link at Seth's blog to see what other artists have uncovered from their image vaults.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Must look into Seth's blog.

Yes, summers are way too short!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I know! We're almost halfway to Christmastime again. :|

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

This is a dramatic and moody photo. I love the warm tones with the grey and the way it makes me feel I actually have to peek around the branches to see the rest of the scene. Very worthy of a repost!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lucky Dip Lisa:
The series of photographs taken as this storm approached could be nothing else ... thanks so much, Lisa!

1:18 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You shouldn't bury your treasures!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
They're only buried in time, Hèléne, one can always scroll back through the years. :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I like the bush/branch in the foreground. It makes the photo much more interesting and adds depth than if it was just the water shore and clouds.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Melanie:
Thanks for dropping in and for leaving this comment. As I allude to in the post, this is but one of a number of photographs taken of this fast moving storm. It's one of my favorites due to the bush and the bright sunlight contrasting it from the charcoal grays of the storm.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your work especially the chair! Cool blog!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Jeb:
Thanks so much for the visit and this comment. I assume you mean the chair in my sidebar ... since I have an entire Chairs Series to choose from, perhaps that assumption is misplaced. Stop in again anytime.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home