Monday, November 08, 2010

Thanks, Bill -

"Sugar & Steps"
digital collage by Mick Mather
- original photographs by Bill Ives -
- click image to view full size -

It's been quite a while since I've worked with any of the wonderful photographs taken by my good friend, Bill Ives. A recent trip to Italy resulted in a wealth of images that turned my nostalgia for that beautiful country full on. The two images used in this post can be found in this set that Bill took in Bologna. Thanks for the memories, Sir!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I had a look at Bill's pics from Bologna with the nice red colors of the city. Some of the red can be seen on the sugar on you pic too.

7:13 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, Italy, mamma mia! I've been there only once, in the 80's, a long time ago.

Could travel there tomorrow, because they have promised snow here!!!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
In 1967 and 1968 I visited a number of beautiful places in Italy. Bill's photographs brought back a lot of those memories.

SusuPetal:
As I just mentioned to Hèléne it's been a long time since I've been there too. So sorry about your snow ... ours won't be far behind! :|

8:03 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

followed the linkl - great use and nkice images there,

10:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John M. Mora:
Thanks for checking out Bill's blog. He takes a lot of great photographs.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home