Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Erosion Bundle Update -

"Erosion Cube, March 1st 2011"
digital photograph by Mick Mather
- click image to view full size -
It hasn't quite been a month since I installed my piece for Kris Henderson's The Erosion Bundle Project. The weather here has been quite brutal. One weekend we were inundated with high winds blowing and howling in gusts between 45 & 60mph. February managed an accumulation of 26" of snow on top of the 130" already received. I suppose I don't really need to say much about that considering the little roof of snow that can be seen sitting atop my cube. At least it's still there and taking all things in stride. I'll post an update in early April before removing it at the end of that month for the next step in this process: I'll be boiling the cube to make a dye before beating it into pulp for a papermaking session. Stay tuned.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

If I didn't know what it is (I've seen it already, at least once) I would say it's something between a lantern and a birdhouse.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I'm waiting to see if a bird will try to move into this sometime in the next 3 to 6 weeks. It's very fragile and I doubt that it would hold up to sustained avian activity unless it gets strengthened. If that should happen, well, I'll be forced to wait 'til any li'l baby birdies fly before I transform it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Such an exciting post!! Cube/birdhouse/erosion/boiling/papermaking....happy sigh:)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lucky Dip Lisa:
:)

7:14 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

tough love

6:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John M. Mora:
You got that right! We're in for it again today and tonight. :|

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home