Friday, August 25, 2006

Illustration Friday: Run -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Running"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Not too much going on - I'm still on vacation - and this will be another short post. I figured that this week's theme for Illustration Friday was just right for a new addition to The Selfportrait Series. Which brings up a hilarious tee-shirt that my good friend and co-worker, K'rine, found a while back - PUT DOWN THE BONG -- VOTE! Sounds like a crackerjack campaign slogan to me! :D

3 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Go Mick!!

3:31 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

LOL "put down the bong and vote"!
haa.. cool illo and thought!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Hi Steve - Hi atomicvelvetsigh,
Thanks to both of you. I simply couldn't resist the idea of "run" in the context of political office. As an aside, it might be interesting to know that this a take-off on an old Martin Luther King poster from the 1960's. All the old references to that particular era - King, the Watts Riots, Revolutionary Political Thought and even the drug culture - seemed to fall out of the sky and my campaign poster seemed like a good way for me to go! Thanks for giggling at it with me. :D

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home