Friday, December 08, 2006

Illustration Friday: Mask -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Wearing A Mask"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Here we have a NEW addition to The Selfportrait Series doing double duty as the weekly post to Illustration Friday. It's interesting for me to note, after the fact, that I've created two pieces over there, a week apart, that are tied to memories of our past and what it takes to maintain freedom from oppression. Tonight I was recalling my own service during the mid-1960's, the Navy Seals and my father who helped set the precedent for being one tough son-of-a-bitch - Pop was a member of a UDT Team during WW II, the predecessors of that elite force we know so well today..."fiat iustitia et pereat mundus".

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

this is a fantastic picture!! great job

1:29 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

well done!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Thanks so much!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home