Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Green -

"Split Rock Green"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
First, this image fit perfectly, in my own mind, for the week's theme, green, at Thursday Challenge. It happens to be one of a number of photographs that I have in the files for a new series that I'd like to finish through the spring and summer. This body of work, called Henderson Skyline, consists of photographs of the tallest structures in the Town of Henderson in Jefferson County, New York. From this silo near Flat Rock to the Lighthouse at Tibbett's Point, I've photographed a number of other structures, including some bird houses, atop poles, some fifteen or twenty feet off the ground. The concept is a bit tongue-in-cheek since this area is mostly low, rolling farm country with a scattering of bedrock sticking up through the topsoil in a number of places, but, I digress. So, what am I waiting for? Truthfully, a collaboration with another photographer is exactly what's kept this project on the back burner. Any takers?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Frances D said...

Sounds like a great idea.
I've recently begun working on a blog with pics from my walks around New York - mostly urban art and found objects. My partner in crime does not photograph but follows me about for hours grumbling all the way.
My Thursday Challenge is at:
http://thememesection
The other blog is at: http://www.photostroll.com
Take care

8:52 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Frances: Thanks for this reply. I'm afraid to say that I seem to be scratching my head - as regards this being a "yes" to a collaboration; or, a simple comment on the idea itself. If it's the former, you'll need to think about an Upstate New York vacation to do the photographic work. Sackett's Harbor is beautiful in July and situated on the northern extreme of the Town of Henderson. If you need an extra nudge, The Thousand Islands is barely a spit 'n a holler further up the St. Lawrence River. Anyway, thanks for leaving this comment and, if the interest in a collaborative effort is in the cards, let's chat further.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home