Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Fiddling ... while Rome burns -

"After John Mora"
digitally manipulated fractal flame collage by Mick Mather
- click on image to view full size -
When it comes to inspiration, my blog roll features a few dozen individuals that have earned the right to sit where they do. I visit most of them every day and one of the more recent additions, John Mora's TYPOS.DAYLIGHT.FATE, has been playing with my head for months! Well, as I was aimlessly tottering about with a few fractal flames, my favorite digital drawing program and some of the usual suspect plug-ins at the Secret Visual Laboratory, up jumps the devil! It's impossible for me to deny the influence, John, so I dedicate this piece to you ... and, by the bye, it might be fun to see where you might take this after running it all through your chop shop! There's no urgency or pressure here, it just sounds like fun from where I sit.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

I am honored - thank you -the Byrds today again in both my ears. God bless my iPod but not the iTunes store.

I miss record stores.

I will download and play with sometime soon.

Thank you.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Sad as it is for both of us, rekkid stores have gone the way of the Dodo.

7:56 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Don't you have record stores anymore??? How horrible! Too modern for me.

This is a suitable tribute to John, very good indeed.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Not only are there no record stores, darned few of us even have turntables to play records on anymore! Tears are falling. :|

8:30 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

The colours are like from the eruption of a volcano. Are there some near Rome? Guess not!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thank you, Hélène. Are there volcanoes near there? Yes! Quite a few!

7:22 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

somehow this ended up mixed and matched and near mt fuji....I am still coloring in the numbers, though.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Just a helpful hint, those kindergarten crayons (the size of a 20-gallon drum) require a sharper point for most of that work. :)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home