Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Inside looking out -

"Look Through Any Window"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I'm about to engage in cutting a block. The object of the exercise is to make a new block-relief print, something I haven't done in well over a year. Toward that end, my current work is being tested and certain filters are now employed to give me a specific look. Today's post would make a delightful reduction block-print but the context in which the work is to be created has a strict deadline. It is therefor likely that I'll have to leave this particular image for another day. Well, back to work.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

A snowflake effect -i know that tune two.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Hmmm ... would that be the Jim Reeves Christmas twang crossover or the Cricketone Chorus and Orchestra version? :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mick..
I have no idea what you;re talking about but the picture is very calming...
mona & the girls

9:08 PM  
Blogger rivergardenstudio said...

Your photographs are very intriguing and textural, I love this "look through any window"... kind of dreamy. Roxannne

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

gaffergirls:
As long as I know, it'll be okay. I trust that your shameless plug will lead a few adventuresome artists your way ... glass, people, try working with glass.

rivergardestudio:
Thank you, Roxanne ... also for the return visit. So sorry that I was out again, there's a lot going on. Remind me to stop 'round your way if I forget. Your work is also very intriguing.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Very fascination figure, Mick!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
Thanks, with a blush. This happens to be one of my recent favorites and I continue to detail and define the separations to see if I couldn't do this as a block-relief print.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home