Sunday, June 14, 2009

Winter, south of the equator -

"Man With a Goatee"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I believe it was something that Lisa Sarsfield, my good friend in New Zealand, said a few days ago as regards winter is coming. Huh? It struck me that, sure, down under must have one during my summer but, just how winterly is it? Judging by this climate graph of the Tauranga area, situated on the North Island and the Bay of Plenty where Lisa hails from, well, that's just NOT winter the way I measure it. To lend today's post some sense of legitimacy, I may have to travel a long way south.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Winter! Ha! Welcome to Finland and experience what winter is! See the darkness, feel the icy cold breeze and drown in snow!

Finnish Tourist Bureau speaking again :)

I like your pic though, especially the playful snow flakes.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Like, I'm Sayin'!!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

There is no win in winter.

No I in team either.

Makes me want to have soup.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I think Susu has soup ... in Finland, they always have soup.

7:19 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Winter is still far away.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

unhpy:
Thank goodness for that! :)

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home