Saturday, August 22, 2009

Again, a blast from the past -

"Lemon Sky Over Strawberry Fields II"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I stumbled upon a set of photographs by Henry Cozad recently and was blown away. I'm not certain what he was doing here - they're terrific! - since other sets of his work are quite different. Be that as it may I love them. At the same time it occurred to me that I have a piece similar to his so I dusted it off, shined it up and here you have it.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger KV Abbott said...

Strong piece Mick! I really like it a lot!

4:39 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Strong, vibrant colors, I like it!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

KV Abbott:
Thanks a lot, Kevin! The original for this piece is from a series of photographs taken in the Town of Henderson back in the 90's for a series called "Henderson Skyline". That work remains unfinished and every year I have high hopes of getting back up there for a day.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
It is surely that. After looking at Cozad's work, however, I'm thinking about black & white.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Looks like a great...trip....
Or so I would imagine:) Pink Floyd playing atm...maybe a subliminal influence?

2:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
I love driving around that township and I still need to explore the eastern half of it. Pink Floyd, eh? You're my kind of navigator!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home