Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Playtime -

"Living Room #4"
digitally manipulated acrylic-on-newsprint by Mick Mather
As the introductory title says, it's playtime. I have a few small, acrylic paintings on the work table - thanks, thanks and thanks again to Mark Golden at Golden Artist Colors, Inc. for the fabulous boxload of paint and other cool stuff! You know, Mark, I did promise to sling some paint around and I apologize for taking so long to post any results; but, I'm sure you know how it goes. Anyway, I scanned the original painting and began to run it through all of my usual, super secret filters. Even though I'm, pretty much, just screwing around (playtime, remember?) there's that little voice at the back of my mind hinting that there might just be a real marriage of mediums and a direction here...somewhere. I have a heavy work schedule the rest of the week and will be engaging in the tried and true hit & run method of posting til the weekend. Coming right up is the original scan of the painting as well as a few more manipulations. Same time, same channel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home