Friday, December 29, 2006

Illustration Friday: Phoenix -

"Phoenix"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Just at that point in time where my conceptualizations of new works include maps, data and diagrams, here comes a terrific opportunity to jump head first in that direction. Illustration Friday has chosen phoenix as its theme this week and the possibilities are endless. I got so caught up in the research that, finally, I had to knuckle down with a handful of elements and just get started! In the end I was torn between what you see here and another where the colors are inverted. I prefer the other, but it didn't quite seem to fit with the deep space theme. Here's the result, perhaps I'll post the alternate one of these days when time is short.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of mine, and got lonely, so I started looking through my old links, and visiting long time bloggers.

I skipped here from Cheap Tarts.

It's good to see you guys. I hope your new year shines brightly. You do wonderful things, Mick.

love,
cat

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These colors couldn't be more perfect! Inverted just wouldn't be right.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding Job! The Phoenix rises above and if you do decide to go further with this one, you will have to email me an updated layout! Great Job!

7:58 PM  
Blogger L. A. Stern said...

Oh I just love this. It evokes soooo many different ideas. I love the numbers and sky charts and the 'burning' of the pheonix. It works very well. I would love to see the alternative as well.

Cheers,

1:35 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lordy, I've missed my comments. Did you folks know that I simply dinna know I had to "approve" and turn the darned things on? I've been moping for weeks over the lack of contact - now? I sure feel silly! Thanks so much to each of you and I will post the inverted version soon. Cat, I'll send you an email as soon as I have time to surf back 'n find it.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home