Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lost & Found Department -

"The Shadow of Death"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Some time ago I participated in an artists' book project - found: in japan - and posted the block relief print here as it went from idea to drawing to working drawing to final cut, inking and editioning. Not long after completing that limited edition print and sending them off to the marvelous Beth Berst, I was playing around in a collaborative meme site - kollabor8 - where I used the image again. This time as a shadow over previously existing images, most notably, the dead bird carcasses neatly lined in rows. As I was surfing through old files with an eye toward "project back-up and delete" I decided to put it up. Now that I've had time to think things over? I have a really BIG job ahead of me to get out my dozens of floppies to download and transfer to CD. The good news is, the bulk of the work are artistamps that have never seen the light of day in any great number. My head is swimming! Time for bed too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home