Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Old -

"An Old Flame"
digital collage by Mick Mather
This weeks theme at Thursday Challenge is old, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to illustrate a long standing friendship in the context of an old flame. For some of us, there do come moments of sad reflection over a missed opportunity. Be it real or imagined, it makes little difference when you lose your way. I offer these lyrics from the chorus of "Once Again" by Adrian James Croce. He shines a light of understanding on feelings such as these:

"Once again I find that I can’t sleep
Once again I want what I can’t keep
Won’t you please slow down I’m a step behind
You were out of sight but not out of mind
Have I stepped across an invisible line
If you don’t want to speak then just give me a sign
Remember how you treated me back when
Won’t you do it once again"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home