Sunday, March 04, 2007

Call me anything but late for dinner -

"The Recipe"
digital collage by Mick Mather
My fascination with everyday life, perhaps one might say the mundane, continues unabated and I seem to be on the verge of showing much, much more of it. In some ways, this body of work appears to be moving along a path that was quite likely familiar to the brilliant Dutch painter, Aelbert Cuyp. Known best for his masterful landscapes, rife with figurative realism, he occasionally offered us more serene moments. In perfectly formed vignettes that showcase the stewardship exhibited in an agrarian life, with nary a nod to the human hand within, he has always left me impressed with the idea of such simplicity. Need something a bit closer to our own century? This painting by Grant Wood gives me that same sort of feeling. So, in my own way and in my own style, a nod to both of these amazing artists in tonight's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home