Saturday, February 16, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"His Dog is Chasing Its Tail"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -

Today's post and the drawing from Wednesday, seen here, are related. The base layer began with the developing hand of my youngest granddaughter, Leighlund that you can see here in yellow as well as part of the larger scribbled drawing to the right. As I worked on manipulating this over the course of a week, many different images began to emerge that I hadn't really thought much about nor expected. Now, I've embarked on a full-blown quest to get a little booklet compiled as a gift for her when she's older. I believe 10 manipulations, including a place for the original drawings is what I'm looking at and my plan is to get this booklet into the hands of anyone who wants a copy as a simple pdf download. As I keep saying, stay tuned!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie said...

What a cool idea, it will mean so much to her. LOVE this work.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

bobbie:
Thanks very much for this supportive comment. I have to say, I've always wished that my parents would have kept the voluminous output of work accomplished when I was a child. I bet I had thousands of drawings and paintings, hundreds of drawing pads and sketchbooks. All of it, gone away! (sigh!)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

This looks like ribbon candy and I want to EAT it. Cool.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks very much and, as usual, I didn't see any ribbon candy until you mentioned it. Now, that's all i can think about too! Where can we get some? :D

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I adore these colours! So strong and inviting. This a yummy piece of art if your don't mind me saying so! The twists and turns taking the viewer on a unique journey.

I appreciated your thoughts and observations on my nest collages..I had not noticed that I had created nestings of pictures! I like that added meaning.
Back soon:)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
First, thanks (with a blush!) for the kind comment. As regards my comment over at your place, that happens to me all the time. My friends who leave comments here invariably think of, or see things, that I never see. Having other insights is a wonderful development tool. :)

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home