Monday, February 11, 2008

Moody Monday: Naked -

"Naked"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
For Moody Monday this week I chose a photograph of a group of café tables to address the theme - naked. As luck would have it, one of the definitions offered for this actually reads like a poem while describing one possible point of view if, that is, furniture could talk. In a way, given words such as these, they can...and, too bad SusuPetal didn't discover them first! She could've claimed them for our collaboration and growing collection of postmodern poems. Here it is:
"... defenseless.
unprotected,
exposed,
naked to invaders..."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, reading that poem makes me so sad, I want to cry! Isn't it strange that in a photo an empty table looks deserted, lonely and sad, but if you carry in a restaurant a heavy tray with drinks and such, the sight of an empty table is a joy to the eye???!!!

Beat that!
Life beats me so many times,
beat, beat,
feel the beat and all that jazz.(a bit of postmod. for you)

All that jazz reminds me that one of my favourite actors Roy Scheider died on Sunday, read in the paper this morning. Sad.

Well, I'm off to work...damn it.

9:01 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

That's your poem, isn't it? A bit SusuPetalish as you say.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LOL - you're quite right about the image being sad, but finding an empty table is usually a happy event. Thanks for the bit of postmod, but it isn't one of the poems - or is it?

I didn't hear about Roy Scheider. I never read the papers and try not to watch too much television, especially the news.

hpy:
Actually, the poem is right out of the dictionary. It's one of the definitions for "naked".

4:33 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

You are multi talented Mick, I knew it ;)

6:03 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

No, it's not one of THE poems:)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

its a lovely capture of a private moment.
I find moments like this can be so often found in the winter... where outside things sit covered in snow..waiting for the sun and spring.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

trijnie:
Thanks, with a blush, for such a kind accord! :)

susupetal:
LOL - as I suspected! :D

janice:
Yes. Spring ... wherefor art thou! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

You sure thought outside the square with this naked version. I like it very much. You did naked well :)
I am about to tag you by the way..just need to update my blog with the tag details!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Thanks very much, Lisa. As regards being tagged? I don't mind at all ... however, I don't often play along. :D

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home