Saturday, August 30, 2008

Eric Fischl -

"Ode to Eric Fischl"
digital drawing & fractal flame collage by Mick Mather
I've been a huge fan of Mr. Fischl for a long time and recently rediscovered a book of his monotypes that's been in my art library for almost as long. The works within were instrumental in pushing me into that form of printmaking not too many years ago. That said, this piece is closer kin to his formal paintings and I've been meaning to post it for a few weeks now. Enjoy.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger S. Collier said...

eric fischl is one of my favorites as well. i like the big "painterly" nudes - awesome, hadn't thought about him in a while. thanks for the reminder.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
I'm happy to know that there's another fan among us. Happier that I managed to trigger the memory of some your own favorites. I love those nudes also and the way he used light and shadow so dramatically.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home