Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another Book Cover -

"Milton Slough Walk (Book Cover)"
manipulated digital photograph & graphic design by Mick Mather
I suppose today's post is fitting for the day, All Fools Day, even though this isn't a joke. The book itself doesn't exist, yet, and therein lies the connection to this infamous April day. The cover art is quite real and, having recently completed the Milton Slough Walk, is only waiting for me to push through and complete the required number of image manipulations to make this into the coffee table book it strives to be. I plan to make this limited edition book available at $25 US (plus shipping) sometime in the next few months ... more info to come.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Did I put on my dark glasses?

6:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
It is a bit dark for the blog ... but on the coffee table? It'll look fabulous!

6:43 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I think it's beautiful.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
:)

2:32 PM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

love it!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

THE CHARM SCHOOL DROPOUT:
Thanks, Sarah! :)

8:04 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

yes, serenely simply beautiful...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Thanks so much ... I only hope the rest of the work holds up to this standard.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Fantastic news! Any chance you'd share more of the process with us? Like you did with the sculpture proposal? Nosey of me I know:)
As for the cover...they say never judge a book by it's cover however I am not sure that actually applies to books? In any case I would judge this as one worthy of being picked up...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Well, I haven't yet decided whether to do this myself or have it done at a printing shop. If the latter, Lulu and any number of other online book printing outfits would be the way I'll go.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou :) I know it's cheeky to ask but I'm very interested! I will watch this space!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
You're more than welcome ... it's time that I started pulling some of my projects together in a new form. Now, how to go about selling these? That's another question.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home