Monday, April 20, 2009

Say what?

"The Inter-Galactic Translator"
digital collage by Mick Mather
From "The Day the Earth Stood Still" to "This Island Earth" and "Forbidden Planet" I've always wondered about such things as Intelligent Communication between species, robots and computers. After these classics of the 1950's things only got more and more curious for me in this regard. So, here we have my fertile imagining of one instrument that makes it possible. Inspired by The Krell and their giant knowledge machine in Forbidden Planet my only next guess is about the scale of this particular translator.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

No batteries required.

Great blue gray.

It does have a fifties sensibility,

5:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Thanks, John ... I had a good time working on this one. :)

5:21 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Does it translate Finnish into English? If so, you can start to follow all my Finnish blogs as well!

It looks a little bit of antique...

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Oh yes! It translates everything. Unfortunately for me, I can't find the ON/OFF switch! :O

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice design and love the mood!

8:59 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

The on/off switch is UNDER it. That's why it's hard to find.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Alina Chau:
It's good to see you at my door again, Alina, and thanks! :)

hpy:
In that case I'm unlikely to get the darned thing operational. Oh sure! It's easy to get down there to turn it on ... getting up again is another story! :O

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home