Monday, April 13, 2009

NEW from Database Series -

"Fractures I"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Here I am again with another multi-layered collage as I'm dragged further into the concept of database and art practice. While looking at photographs of the recent earthquake in Italy the idea struck me that some of the geological fault line data available might lead to something. It has ... if there's more to say about this new approach to my work, I can't be certain, yet, what that is.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Fractures can be disaster, hope not in you pic. It's interesting, architectural.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I had fun doing this, Susu ... and the architectural look comes from the layered graphs I should think. :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

brought to you by the letter F...

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
It appears so, and "F" is for fractures. :D

8:00 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

I suppose I haven't slept enough as I see a bed on your picture. Someone I cannot see is looking of there's money under the mattress!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Never put money under your mattress, Hélène. When the government comes to take it that's the first place they look!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very Cool! I like this! :-D

9:14 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Mary Stebbins Taitt:
Thanks, with a blush, Mary. I suspect this left turn into database art is a subconscious ploy to keep me from other work! :D

11:59 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Back again:)

I saw a bed too, with peg legs. I like this artwork, I feel like I have found some sort of secret map to a secret room...

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
It is a map of sorts ... careful though, the secret rooms are cracks, fissures and fractures in the Earth's crust! :O

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home