Sunday, July 19, 2009

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"The Dog Walking Mister Existence I"
relief print by Mick Mather
- click on image to view full size -

While preparing a short foray into my old method of working - block-relief printmaking - I turned up this embossed styrofoam print while doing the research. What's that? Since you ask, it's a simple drawing on a piece of styrofoam so the pencil embosses (leaves a groove) the material. After inking the surface and laying it to paper, you get a print as seen here. Almost any kind will work and I've often used the lids to those containers restaurants give to carry home leftovers. A relatively simple and fun way to enjoy printmaking, especially with children.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Such prints must be fun to do, I've never tried.

Oh yes, I like this very much. This made me smile, and that's a lot nowadays.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
It's easy to do, Susu. Well worth the effort for a few more smiles. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

that dog might have one leg up....

"pandorea" word ver

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Sung to the tune of "Do You See What I See?"

8:41 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I think you can do it with potatoes too, but they are much smaller. Good for lazy people like me.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
My very first block-relief print was done using a potato. The image was an acorn that I printed on one of my tee shirts. :)

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home