Sunday, August 23, 2009

I changed the number -

"Rediscovering Jane"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
- original photograph by John Mora -

First, many thanks to my good friend and outstanding artist, John Mora, for blanket permission to use some of his photographs. Second, the woman reminds me of Jane, an old girlfriend from close to thirty years ago now. Every five years or so, lovely Jane would give me a call to see how I was doing and to catch me up on her own life. Somewhere along the line, many moves and changes in telephone numbers finally put that to rest I'm afraid. I have a series of such images and if I have the strength to run through some very old archives, I may post them again at an opportune moment. Til then, have a peek at the before & after of this piece at No Matter What Shape-The Archive. Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like the original and this manipulated both.

Janes are worth remembering.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Indeed they are, Susu, and today's the day for it. :)

5:19 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

This is beautiful, Mick...Jane must be a great person....my best and my thanks for your kindness and support.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I'm glad you approve and, yes, Jane was special. I miss her.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

It's amazing how some people can leave such a warm touch on our hearts even after many years.
Nice to see you working with John's pics...will go and check out those links now.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Back in the day, the two of us were very free-spirited. I won't forget that warm place in the midst of some turbulent personal times.

5:45 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Do you believe Jane would recognize herself on this image?

6:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Perhpas not; it's very impressionistic so stumbling across it may or may not fire the gaps of memory. :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love the subtle colors in this!!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Mary Stebbins Taitt:
Thanks, Mary. :)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home