Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Freewheeling -

"Cattails Separating Two Roads to Nowhere"
fractal flame collage & digital drawing by Mick Mather
Today's post began with an old fractal flame that was loaded into my favorite digital drawing software to add some lines and shapes while employing a bit of manipulation-born trickery. Once satisfied with the collaged fractal and digital drawing, into the super secret array it went. I have to admit that I've been less than inspired lately and have gone back to a favorite method of working through such a slump - add something/anything to the blank, white canvas and toss abandon to the wind! I rather like the way this turned out.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

great Mick - would liove to saee a largwer file - the details must augment the impact.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I appreciate the request and comment but, what you see is what you get. I do work small - 400 X 400 pixels - most of the time.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

A slump you say? You could never tell from here. I think this is a great image. I like the old rusted and weathered look and the scratchy lines. It's like an old safe door hiding precious jewels!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
Well, it's sweet of you to say but I've decidedly been distracted for some time now. As I mention, the cure for such a condition is quite simple: "Get to work!"

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home