Sunday, July 09, 2006

Rethinking an old series of work -


"As I Sometimes See You"
digital collage by Mick Mather

As it sometimes happens, I get into a groove - some might say stuck in one - with certain, favorite images used in my digital collage...not that any of you would notice since most of them never see the light of day. I have two bodies of such work comprising the She's Not There Series and the Everywhere Your Are Series. Recent work, easily a fast and furious two dozen pieces, has left me with some pause for thought. As always, the work is deeply personal and I don't know why it continues to hold my interest and command my time. Well, again as always, and as I've said more than once before, perhaps I do know. With tonight's image my visitation goes an extra step with a work that is particularly ghostly. The title of it has also struck me as a good name for a new series that may, eventually, take in appropriate work from the other two. Sigh...there's always so much to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home