Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Maps Series -

"Waltz Across Texas"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Somehow, I fit seamlessly back into the working world, having returned to the office today for first time in 12 days. As I mentioned briefly (very briefly), while I was away, I investigated some old ideas, some new ideas, some shared ideas and a batch of new filters. That intense week of work has resulted in a slight change of style in my new work. For the time being, it may appear as though I'm offering up a mixed bag of work without direction. This isn't the case, assuredly, and I'm just stretching a little bit as the work flows into a slightly more expressionist vein. At the same time, a NEW series has been born - The Maps Series. Last week, as well as over the years, I've done quite a few pieces that fit into this category as special one-off projects, mostly at the meme sites such as Illustration Friday or the now defunct Danish success, Everchangingart. As I find time to research back through the archives, I'm sure to re-post some of them on the way to a new set at flickr. Onward and upward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home