Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Delivery by Tuesday -

"The Oversize Coffee Table Book"
digital collage by Mick Mather
In a moment of weakness and need, I began this piece in photoshop. Little by little I'm working things out and I have to admit there are some very useful filters there. I s'pose a few of my past rants have been about certain plug-ins that have a weird look to them. Recently, I've been using some of those plug-ins (hopefully not over-using any of them) and have softened my view somewhat. As mentioned before, they can be very seductive and, for me, require very careful handling. That said, there's something that attracts me to those furniture ads and circulars one gets in the Sunday papers, or the mail. So, here we have one...a dark and moody piece that I find mysterious, suspenseful and, in some strange way, comforting.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home