Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Excerpt from The Inventor's Diary: "I Saw Her Standing There" -

"Weeping Willow"
digital collage by Mick Mather
"...the strings of my heart began to sing at the sight of her. She was standing there on a lovely rise of old stone steps. Framed by a shadowed alcove tinged in chocolate and black cherry, I was hard pressed to look away when caught staring. She looked away instead so I persisted, the scrutiny of a fool I was to learn soon enough. Tall she was, long and lanky, hair to the shoulders playing hide 'n seek with a delicious neck. Her outfit was draped perfectly, suggestive of the flesh beneath, while telling a tale of the willows of which she reminded me so much. Limber, flowing, easy with the wind, every movement a gentle rushing, rustling and murmuring. I turned away, finally, to go about my business. When I looked back to see if her shrouded gaze followed me, she was gone..."

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home