Friday, April 13, 2007

Illustration Friday: Fortune -

"The Fortune Hunter"
digital collage by Mick Mather
One more day this week with a hit and run post and the weekly theme at Illustration Friday sent me searching my archives of unfinished work. This image has always had my imagination jumping from one possibility to the next and I'm delighted that this week's theme, fortune, gave me the opportunity to settle on this concept. In ritual fashion for me, there's always a question, "which one is The Fortune Hunter?"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Ykema said...

or perhaps..." the *fortune* should remain faceless"? Nice story you added to your illo... and a classic piece.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Hi Janice:
Thanks, with a blush, for this comment, and I see your point. Considering that, perhaps this could've easily slipped into the selfportrait series? Hmmm. I have to admit you threw me with the remark on the story - it's better when I actually do sit and write a composed, constructed and connected piece. F'rinstance, my April 17th post and the "Excerpt from The Inventor's Diary" - tres shorty, short story! :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home