Monday, April 09, 2007

Moody Monday: Masculine -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as a Strongman"
digital collage by Mick Mather
This week's post for Moody Monday does double duty since it's also a NEW addition to The Selfportrait Series. This time out the theme is masculine, and I had an especially good time with this one. My first choice was going to be a heavy graphic treatment, with topography, using the grammatical context where quite a few foreign words pertain to, indeed specify, gender. As you can see, I went instead with the concept of the strongman and his conspicuous feats of derring do meant to impress the fairer sex.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Somehow I like most of your works your selfportraits, in general I like selfportraits and most of all I like to make them. There is attitude. This new one is very cute and previous was stunning! :)

6:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
A very long time ago I discovered that most of my favorite artists did at least one selfportrait. Some did many of them and on a regular basis. For my own series, it's often a reminder to play, have some fun and remember not to take myself too seriously.
By the way, I adore the new portrait you're using now! Very nice, that shade of pink!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home