Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm Late! I'm Late! -

"Blind Side"
block-relief print (state proof) by Mick Mather
The end of one long work week hasn't quite arrived. I have the duty at a local art gallery this evening, so my day won't end until 8:00pm. This is not a complaint, mind you, but surely a handy excuse for another hit & run post tonight. I haven't shown much of my old school, block-relief printmaking in quite a while so have a peek at one of my own personal favorite pieces. For those of you who are used to seeing an Illustration Friday image at this point in the week, I uploaded that image at my other blog: Outer Dust Rings. If I'm not right here when you get back, I'll be at The Westcott Community Center Art Gallery and then to OHM for a cocktail or two. Ta!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Hey Mick, I have a problem...I like your writing, it's so vivid and intelligent, so nice words, but it also makes it quite difficult for me. But I can surely use your text as an english lesson. I so much enjoy your works. And fortunately you have made your pictures in finnish. :)
Surely you have a problem to read my text too...

11:51 PM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice work!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Yes, we do have that common problem with each others language - fortunately, you're doing very well with English! My Finnish? Nonexistent and you did tell me that in 10 years of dilligent effort I might be able to manage a phrase or two. LOL @ your very perceptive eye to have noticed that my pictures are in Finnish! :D

4:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Dig Scott:
Thanks so much. Every time I put up one of my old block-relief prints, I think that today might be the day that I cut a new block. Then, after getting into the second cup of coffee (brandy? what brandy?) I'm thinking...nahhhhh!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home