Monday, August 20, 2007

NEW from The Making Faces Series -

"The Confessional"
$50 unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
From something simple to something much more complex. In execution, concept and the variety of meaning that each of you may bring to this piece. As I was leisurely strolling through old files this afternoon an old piece that needed a new direction caught my attention. This happens to me from time to time and what we're really talking about here is going that extra mile before giving up on a work completely. As I began fiddling yet again, this popped out, reminding me of nothing so much as a confessional. If you happen to be Catholic, do assist me with three "Hail Marys"?

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Not being Catholic, I can't help you.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL - me neither. I can't even help myself!

3:50 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Same with my, not a Catholic or any religion, so I just have to say "good work".
And maybe cheers. Yes, definitely cheers.

Yes, maybe confessional or maybe a he weaved the face of his love into the cloth, so that she is always around...captured her soul.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

so you have to confess your sins!!
interesting theme: portraits

8:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I always love to hear what you have to say about what you see in my work. :)

griesmail:
LOL - not quite, Trijnie. They say that only a man with a clear conscience should fall asleep in church - that's me.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

ha ha

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
:D

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home