Saturday, August 11, 2007

A somewhat hasty experiment -

"Ayres Rock: A Dream Walk"
digitally manipulated monotype & satellite image
I've had a number of monotypes in my files for years now. Experiments for the most part where, after many layers of paint were built up, I drew into those muddy layers with a toothpick before it was completely dry. The result was interesting to me but I could never quite get my head around any further concept with this particular piece. The other day I happened upon a photograph of Ayres Rock - Uluru as the Australian Aborigines call it - and something clicked. I began to manipulate the scanned monotype while considering how to juxtapose a real image of the ancient rock formation. As I say in the introduction, this was an experiment, quickly tossed together. What can I say? I like it.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like it too, a LOT, Gonna put it in Silk Creek if that's OK.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary:
Thanks so much and, yes, feel free to add it to the images at Silk Creek Review IV.

While I'm thinking of it I was wondering if you'd mind adding a link to each of the other images on your list (the ones that have writing) to my flicktion set over at flickr for me?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home