Sunday, February 17, 2008

Drawing With Leighlund Series -

"Kitty in the Box"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -
While organizing some of the drawings and files for use in the book project with my 4-year old granddaughter, Leighlund, I came across this from an earlier series of manipulations. At the time I decided to go with this piece although, even as I write this, I continue to rethink the choice. Another image that remains truer to her initial drawing is more likely what will make it into the completed booklet. Too, the drawing of the kitten is by another artist whose name I can no longer recall - although the image of Roskilde keeps popping into my mind's eye - and while I have proper permission and right to use the image, I'd like to give her credit one of these days. I know I'll stumble across it sometime this year with another project that I have on the back burner now that Leighlund and I have begun our beautiful little collaboration. Anyway, enjoy, more to come. :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Best regards to Kitty from Moumoune, Nefertiti and myself!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL - many thanks from all of us back to all of you! :D

4:23 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

This is SO cute and neat and funny!

Nice work.

I've given you an award on today's post at Imagik.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
I swear, sometimes those crazy ideas that come out of nowhere actually turn out to be something worthwhile. I'm so pleased that you like the idea and, bettter, that I have an award waiting for me! :D

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home