Saturday, March 01, 2008

Only the name -

"The Spanish Man"
digital collage & digital painting by Mick Mather
This post began as a digital collage that I was more than happy with now that I think about it. I took it into another set of filters just for fun and to see what would happen. After that, another editor was pressed into service with the smudge tool that I'm learning to like more and more and finally to a third for the final result. Somewhere along the line I began tweaking, dozens of them, to get the rough hew of his features just so. In the end, this b & w version trumped all of the more colorful versions. Oh yes, I almost forgot, I couldn't help but think about Susupetal's recent vacation to Spain. So, this one's for you, Susu! :)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

For ME!!!! Thanks, Mick.

He looks like he had a little bit too much of that delicious and cheap Spanish wine. I tried to drink my share, but he was too fas for me, that Juan.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, all for you. Download and frame it, post it, pass it on, hang it in the window, on a lamp post or the bulletin board at the grocery. As for the keeping up? Go, Juan! :D

3:53 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Mysterious labyrinth-man. A bit creepy, but that's what I love!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
YAY!!! You're back! LOL at a bit creepy, but that's what I love! I should've known! :D

6:05 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

the different faces pressing in... interesting piece you have here Mick.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

janice:
Thanks, for pointing that out. I swear, I never saw other faces until you mentioned it! :)

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home