Monday, February 25, 2008

Moody Monday: Colorless -

"The Exception Proving the Rule in a Colorless Urbanscape"
photograph by Mick Mather
I like the word colorless, this week's theme at Moody Monday. Aside from something clear, like glass or pure water, there are lots of connotations that apply. Obviously, this photograph would be one of them. If you need a nudge, consider the fact that this photograph is completely untouched beyond the original crop and a teensy weensy little bit of sharpening. Colorless? Think about it. :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

The exceptions are the salt and pepper of everything.
This pic has a nice balance.

Trees look pretty much the same here.

I'm too tired to even think about challenges, trying to fight and beat the flu that has started to hammer my head. But now, off to work...

8:49 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Isn't grey a color? Or even several colors?

12:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Oh no! Not the flu! I don't suppose you have sick days to use so you can stay home and sleep? Get well soon.

hpy:
Actually, yes ... and, I might say that if we were actually to look, we'd see a delightful range of colors. Always, though, muted by that salt 'n pepper grayness that Susu mentions. Even so, my use of the term colorless has little to do with the lack thereof, rather it's that wishy-washy, all funked up feeling caused by a bleeding blandness common in the winter.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I got the flu too, or something, in spite of my flu shot.

Cool capture. It does convey the dismal feeling that too much winter sometimes gives us.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
I've never understood the value of a flu shot. The darned things - NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY - give you a touch of the flu! Then, as we well understand the ever changing nature of a virus, it mutates and is no longer susceptible to the very shot that was supposed to cure the ill. Now, that said, it doesn't change the fact that I'm always concerend when my pals are taken sick! Get well soon, Mary, and thanks for the great comment! :)

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home