Saturday, May 17, 2008

Getting to the bottom -

"Modeling With Toothpicks"
digital collage & digital drawing by Mick Mather
I've had this one laying around for a while in a variety of versions. Eventually, a few of them included the stick-like construction along the top which supposed the title for me. I spent a lot of my preteen years making models, a lot of them buildings, and the reminder of those days gone by is very strong. They're good memories and for a long time I wanted to be an architect like my Uncle Bob. Anyway, a little something with a tiny glimpse of personal history.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is scary. Reminds me of a death mask.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Careful as you go, Susu, I think this might be the woman who puts people in Elegia's even scarier lake! :O

10:56 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Is it moving? I guess not, but somehow it still does.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Well, Hélène, this is filled with movement, even though it's a static image. So, I'm pleased to hear that you see it moving. :)

4:55 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Maybe, Mick, but just maybe... This is psychotic pic, I love it! And it really looks like IT is under a surface...

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
That's a supreme compliment coming from you and I say thanks! It's a bit difficult to find where the eyes really are in this one but, either way, they're definitely submerged in your Lake of Fright! :D

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now this is very interesting! Good work!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Thanks for getting caught up and for this comment. :)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home