Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"Ready for to Fade"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I'm really not here, but at one of the three meetings I have this week in the evening. Long days for me and a flurry of hit & run posts for you. This new image in The Mister Existence Series is actually quite old. It's been in a file for almost a year. I've reworked it at least 2 dozen times and I've never quite been satisfied with it. It's a little bit trippy with both feet firmly planted in the 1960's and, no pun intended, there's something happening here that I've never been able to fully understand. I kind of like it when this happens, even though it's rare, because it forces me to reflect, redo, change course, reinvent and accept the fact that, sometimes, there are no answers.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger S. Collier said...

wonderful depth, glad you decided to share this one.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
Thanks for saying so, Sarah ... I think I needed to hear that. :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Aging, fading into nothingness. Death. A line of time.

These came into my mind looking at your pic.

Got to go, it's pouring rain and they have promised thunders also for today.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

The ghost family, ready to fade away. Nice and mystical. And the colours and models... Like a long time ago. This is great!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I like all of those ideas. Still, I can't put a finger on what this piece is trying to tell me.
We're having lots of rain, thunder, lightning even a tornado or two. Yikes! :O

elegia:
Perhaps this is close to some of my thoughts, the idea of a ghost family. Except, I think, it's our own, inner ghosts that come 'round to haunt us from time to time. Hmm. :)

4:41 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

you work very hard with great results Mick.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

trijnie:
Thanks so much. I feel the same about your work and, truth be told, I've been trying for a year to find funding for a curated show that would include many of my close, blog contacts. No luck so far, but one day, I bet it will happen. :)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home