Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Bright -

"Bright"
photograph by Mick Mather
As the title above suggests, bright is the theme at Thursday Challenge this week. This rather fuzzy image hasn't been manipulated, aside from a bit of cropping, and was taken back in April when we had our first taste of summer-like weather. For more than a week it was in the high 80's and the accompanying spring thunderstorms left us with a number of fantastic sunsets. Yup, that bright spot there is the sun struggling to the horizon through a stand of evergreens.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

That is one of the magical moments: the breakthrough of light after winter.
Your pic has captured that moment.

9:26 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Your post makes me think about Billie Holiday and Where is the sun?

Oh clouds above me
Where are the birds that used to sing?
Everything's wrong
Oh where is their song of love?

Where is the one
Who said he loved me
Far, like those clouds he used to bring
Can it be true there's somebody new to love?
Listen my heart
Don't feel so bad
Think of the kisses we knew
You know my heart
The moments we had
Maybe he's missing them too
Where is the sun?

Oh clouds above me
Don't lake the dreams to which i cling
Where is the sun?
Oh where is the one i love?

11:48 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I see this as a magical moment too and this photograph really doesn't do justice to the actual view as I was watching it all transpire! :)

hpy:
What beautiful lyrics. A bit of a sad song I think, but I'm happy it came to mind for you as an accompaniment to this image. :)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home