Sunday, June 08, 2008

NEW from The Birdhouse Series -

"Birdhouse VII"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
As I get closer to assembling the work for my upcoming exhibition I find that I need a few more images in the two series of work that I want to present. I believe I have enough work for The Toys Series but am a few pieces short with this one, The Birdhouse Series. I'm afraid that a flurry of concerted effort and activity is the only way to go about accomplishing the task. So, I've stopped to chat too long already, back to work!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

An incredibly lively addition to your series! so vibrant and light at the same time.
Where will you exhibit?
Good luck!!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I must admit, that no one could possibly be having as much fun with this series as I am! I do appreciate the positive comment and I'm more than willing to share any good feelings associated with these images. The exhibition is from 1 July thru 31 July at Upstate Medical Research Hospital in The Weiskotten Gallery.

4:28 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

So faar away! The exhibition, I mean.
From here. What a pity.
Luckily tehre's the Net and tha ability to look at your work here.

About the pic: the first thought was: who eats cotton candy with syrup???? And the answer was of course: Mick:)

Have a nice week, it's Monday morning here, 7 AM and I'm off to work.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Far away is right. It's alright since there's no artist reception, no big wing ding or celebration. Not even a lick of cotton candy with syrup! :D

5:01 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I wrote a long comment about bones, but it seems to have disappeared. I suppose that I didn't check if I spelled the letters as I should have done afterwards! Grrh!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I hate it when that happens. Now, I'm most curious about how you tied this image together with bones. Perhpas the roof lines appear as ribs? Oh well. :)

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home