Monday, July 14, 2008

NEW from The Birdhouse Series -

"Birdhouse XI"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
Since hanging this series at The Weiskotten Gallery at the beginning of July, the impetus to add new work has ebbed a little bit. I haven't painted anything new for The Toys Series in about 3 weeks either so I'm happy to get back to these whimsical pieces. I think about them quite often, in particular regarding some way to market these for sale while figuring out how to give some of them away. Ideas are whirling about in my head and something is likely to come of all this sometime in the not too distant future.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This made me think about a stainless steel tree. Hmm. Well, it doesn't rust in the rain.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, no rust ... the perfect material for a public art tree! :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You have been busy during my long weekend!
I finally found the birdhouse hanging from that tree. It wasn't that evident at a first rapid look.
The engineering lady would make a good book cover (at least in my mind)
and I like that little red hand too.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I hope that long weekend was a restful, playful one and not for working! Thanks for catching up. :)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh Brilliant!! Missed the birdhouse all together...I read hpy's comment and went back to find it. Very subtle and peaceful. The whole scene is so serene I want to climb in myself:) I thought you were being clever using natures bird house, the tree. Which I loved...technically that means I found 2 bird houses. Organic and Inorganic. Do I see a crane resting high up in the branches? Top left keeping watch to the west.

Hows the exhibition going? Would love to see these in the 'flesh' so to speak. Good luck!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I'm always pleased when there's a bit of delight in a search for something. Just to make it easier next time, every image in The Birdhouse Series has a birdhouse in it. Almost all of them have a bird as well ... although, I don't see a crane in the upper branches of this one. I'm happy that you do! :)

Thanks for inquiring about the exhibition and I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I don't know how it's going. I haven't sold anything yet and it comes down in less than 2 weeks.

7:05 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

great stuff

4:34 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Thanks, John ... this is one of my favorite bodies of work.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home