Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Something graphic -

"The Checkered Jacket"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Many years ago, when I was doing block-relief prints 95% of the time I worked only in black and white. This digital collage is just the sort of image that I'd transfer to a block, cut and edition without batting an eye. The checked pattern of the jacket is the attraction for me in this piece and the rest of the image is almost incidental. As I look at this and reflect, it occurs to me that there's a lot of my old print work that might benefit from a revisit here. I think like this from time to time and with so much work to do, it's hard to justify the time spent again on old work. We'll see.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Wow, that's the lady from television, back in the times when televeision was in black and white.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I remember when we didn't even have television! I think I was 8 when the first b&w model arrived at our house.

5:03 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

Yes, and you were looking at Zorro each Wednesday! 5they are showing it again her, now in colors.)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Zorro was great in b&w ... I never knew it was in color. That Don Diego sure knew how to make the women swoon. He's still one of my role models!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home