Friday, July 11, 2008

Illustration Friday: Foggy -

"Foggy"
digital collage by Mick Mather
There are two old doo wop songs that I was humming while working on this piece. The more popular, "Silhouettes", recorded by a huge number of recording artists, such as The Rays and Herman's Hermits, takes the perspective of one on the outside looking in at lost love, as shown here. The lesser known but equally popular hit, "Silhouette", takes the opposite position of someone looking out as his lost love passes by. In both cases, the memories are ever present, even if a bit foggy, and thus suited to this theme at Illustration Friday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

We all have some of those memories. I had a hard time choosing a song for my post.
I like the feel of this one, Mick.
I thought you'd do one about a "drinking fog!"

9:01 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

This is a very attractive image; attractive, like it draws you in. Nice textures.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cool, so atmospheric! Hey I nominated you for an award at my blog...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
ROFLMAO! The drinking fog comes after the wistful memories and the unrequited love have turned sour! Wait a minute! That was last week! :D

connie:
Thanks so much ... I tried to visit your blog but nothing loaded. I think blogger is acting up today and I'll try again later.

senta:
Nominated? For an award? Ut oh! I'll be over soon to snoop around. :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this, it's soft and cuddly.

The song that came into my mind when I saw the word foggy, was the old "a foggy day, in London town, it had me low, it had me down" sung by Fred Astaire among others.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, soft and cuddly, just like me! I love that old Fred Astaire song too. :)

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect for this week's prompt Mick, bravo! Ah...but I was thinking..."Walk on byyyyyyyy...".

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
"Walk on by?" - that works too! :D

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home