Friday, July 04, 2008

Illustration Friday: Sour -

"Contemplating Her Famous Crab Apple Butter"
digital collage by Mick Mather
The weekly theme, sour, at Illustration Friday stopped me at this old "found image" from the files. I've always been attracted to the pose, the hazy light effects and the colors of this piece. Once it went into The Secret Visual Laboratory and all of those things were exaggerated and enhanced, well, what more to say? Oh, yes, of course: HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

I used to love apple butter as a kid. That's when I lived on toast though!
That is a nice pose, I agree. It would make a nice painting.

I hope you had a happy birthday celebration!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
WOW! I used to live on toast too! Instead of apple butter I spooned applesauce over it. Thanks for the comment and for the happy birthday wishes - we're, collectively, 232 years old now. Still toddling and making mistakes compared to some of the rest of the world. :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Apple butter??? How did THAT come up?

Cool illustration. Very nice.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

digital scott:
LMAO! I was thinking about sour, wild apples, or crab apples if you will. The crabapple was really only good for a few things. One is an addition to apple cider in small amounts to improve the flavor. The other is apple butter. Yeah, I guess I took the long way home on the theme again this week! :D

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home