Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Skin deep -

"Beauty With A Scarred Face"
digital collage by Mick Mather
This piece is not so much what it seems to be as much as it is an allegory for the way my world has been turning lately. Changes and transitions at the workplace have left me a bit scarred, on the inside, and yet there's plenty of beauty within all of that. In the real world, I've met and known a few women who've had physical scars and were some of the most beautiful individuals I've ever met. So, there you have it, in the end, even the emotional angst? It's all just skin deep.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Sometimes the inner scars rize to the surface of the otherway perfect skin, but I don't think this is what happened today.
Is the woman smoking a pipe, by the way? That's not so good for the skin, be it scarred or not.

12:19 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

A beautiful text about beauty.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL @ "Is she smoking a pipe?" I don't think so, but, I'll have to take another look later (for some reason images aren't loading for me this morning).

susupetal:
One of the things I most enjoy about art is the cathartic end of the process, if and when I need that. This piece was certainly that for me. Thanks. :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

If you have nothing inside, it doesn't matter what you look outside. I mean, many cakes look good, but the taste...

This is a bit bloody picture (Must say thata!!!), I can imagine she has a scar in her face, near by the mouth.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I like the analogy of the pretty cake that tastes bad. I kept this one gruesome just for you by the way and I was thinking about you the whole time!

6:59 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

this seems the shout from the mother earth,so strong!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

harlequinpan:
Thanks so much. :)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home