Monday, October 06, 2008

NEW from The Selfportrait Series -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Painting Himself Into A Mural"
digital collage by Mick Mather
In late summer or early fall of 2007, I participated in a community mural project organized by Michael Berman. One of the photographs documenting that participation seemed to lend itself well to this series and, so, here you have it. The rest of the week will be hectic for me since I'll be at meetings or a gallery opening every night this week. I only mention it here because I have to knuckle down and get posts for the next three days loaded and ready to go. We'll chat again soon!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like the warm colors of this pic.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Even though this is composed of equal parts of warm and cool, I agree with you that the the warm colors give this one some feeling. Thanks, Susu! :)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Awesome, this is a great addition. I like the way you've used a photo or yourself creating an artwork to make a new artwork..

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I say thanks, of course, but that's what this series has always been about. Whenever I begin taking things too seriously, poking a bit of fun at myself is one sure way to become grounded again. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Didn't I visit you yesterday!!!
So many posts again that I hadn't seen...

11:26 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL ... one of the things about those of us who do keep up with each other on a daily basis is when our busy lives steal a few days away. When we do get back, it sure seems like a lot has escaped our notice. :)

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home