Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Tiny -

"Tiny"
photograph by Mick Mather
As the title of today's post suggests, the theme at Thursday Challenge this week is tiny. While I was out and about last weekend, in the middle of a lifting fog, I discovered hundreds of spider webs coated with the passing mists. In particular, this image of a fir tree is my personal favorite and rife with examples of fog-induced droplets. The needles themselves each have a bead that's about the size of an opalescent pinhead and seem huge when compared to the tiny little pearl necklace strung along the spider web. Sweet!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, this is really sweet! I like this very much, but can't analyze it better.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Take your time and have a longer look later. :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OOOh, this is a NEAT photo, great for Silk Creek.

I love it!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks so much, Mary. Please feel free to use it there.

6:39 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Are you sure it's water, not whisky (as you were drinking with Susu)!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Yes, I'm sure it was only mist ... after all, in keeping with the theme, Susu and I had just a tiny drink. :D

5:09 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I can imagine being there. I like webs but not the spiders! Beautiful shot though and I am glad you didn't walk through it!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Sometimes tiny could be dangerous.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I'm pretty sure I've walked through a lot of others, Lisa. There are hundreds of webs in the field where Ive been building the "Kings Court Cube" and, without the benefit of the mist to see them, well, I'm certain that explains the creepy feeling on my neck, hair, etc ... probably the little eight-legged critters trying to get away.

elegia:
LOL - as in a miniature world where each pine needle becomes a lance or a sword, Elegia? :)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home