Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another outdoor project -

"Study #3 for Sky Box I"
manipulated digital drawing by Mick Mather
It's been raining for an entire week now and I still haven't completed my "Kings Court Cube" project. While waiting for a bit of sunshine at the weekend, I began doodling about with yet another outdoor, land art project to be called "Sky Box". This piece is a much smaller cube and will be woven into a stand of small trees at shoulder height. I don't know that I've mentioned this before but there should be some visible progress by mid-month I should think. For now, this is one of the digital studies from the documentation of the as yet unrealized work.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

At shoulder height it will be easy to look into the cube. Will it be full, or will it be empty?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I believe this cube will be empty - as opposed to the Kings Court Cube where the initial concept was to fill that much larger box (1-metre square) with multi-colored leaves. Things may change in that regard as it appears that a top may be required in order to keep the whole thing tied together.

6:48 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I'd rather have a sky-in-the-box than jack.
If it's not Jack Daniels...

7:12 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO ... since you brought it up, Susu, who's pouring?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh funny, now I've seen the treasure I can see the trail of evidence pointing to it! I couldn't see the wood for the trees!! Haha!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
Sneaky I am! Yes?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home